Monday, November 9, 2009

New Shells & Drawings

This week in Life Drawing, we had a lot of time to draw. We got to do a lot of gesture drawings and a few longer poses also. We are starting to focus more on the legs now. We did some of the leg muscles over this week and the second time around really helped me. It was nice to just focus on a few at a time and it was nice to be able to get them checked and look at before adding more on. I still struggle with the manikins but I'm using the different views now in the book and understanding how each angle of the manikin should look. In the drawings we did this week we were told to look at the legs and focus on the lines and muscles we saw in the knee and muscles of the leg. I enjoy focusing on the legs, it seems like there are a lot of planes and bones and angles that you can focus on and draw. I have provided a few pictures of my gesture drawings, my longer poses, and my contour shell drawing. This week I had to buy new newsprint, and I ended up getting smooth instead of rough. The paper is wrinkling very easily and doesn't look the best in pictures. This weeks shell drawing I struggled with a little but it went way better then my first one. These shells are really nice to work with, they are so much bigger than the first ones. I'm excited to see what this next week brings, it would be nice to learn about feet and how to attempt to draw those.

No comments:

Post a Comment