Sunday, November 29, 2009

Big Shell

What was different about this shell drawing compared to my very first drawing was that I chose a different angle this time and I feel like I used a lot more lines on this one and got to really learn a lot from it since it was so much larger. Taking more time and slowing down helped a lot. Some things I need to work on are line weight and variation. My whole drawing is pretty light and I feel like I need to add some darker lines to add some dimension. I also need to improve on making the bumps and point of my shell more realistic; I struggled with that a lot. Working on such big paper was nice. It was hard to find a place to draw in my house but it was nice to be able to really draw big and move the arm around. I enjoyed working with this paper, I like the texture of it. Amy talked about some of the drawings looking alive, that is also something I feel like I need to work on.
While my group was critiquing my shell drawing some of the feedback I received was about line weight and about some of my problem areas like the bumps of the shell. Amy critiqued my shell also and helped me box out my shell and showed me how to improve the curves and bumps of my shell.
This week we also learned how to draw eyes and noses. The eye drawings I did over break seemed to go a little bit smoother then noses did. It was fun to see all the different angles and plane changes of the eye. The noses I need help with, I am still not happy how mine turned out. It will be fun to see how the face comes together over the last few weeks!



No comments:

Post a Comment