Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Rib Cage and Pelvis

This week we had a lot of time to draw and get a feel for the rib cage and pelvis. On Tuesday we took notes and watched a video and on Thursday we drew the whole time. It was nice to do gesture drawings and start with the spine, rib cage, and pelvis. Starting with the core like that is really helping me understand the body and how to draw it. The drawings I have provided below are a contour drawing of the knee and hip area, and a longer pose drawing of the back of the model. With the contour drawing I struggled a little, it was hard for me to pick a spot to draw. With the other drawing of the back of the model, it took me a while to understand how the pelvic bones were supposed to be drawn. Starting with the spine and the rib cage helps a lot though. It will be nice to learn about more muscles and be able to add them into our drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment