Monday, October 26, 2009

Life Drawing-Legs

This week in Life Drawing we really got a chance to do a lot of drawing. Tuesday was Advisement Day so there was no class that day. On Thursday though, the girl model was there and we got to do gesture drawings and some longer ones too. I received a lot of helpful pointers from Amy and Josh. I like that they walk around and help you to understand what you are trying to draw. I struggled a lot with for shortening this week, it was hard for me to understand how to draw something that is coming right towards you. But after a few pointers I started to get the feel for it. Now that we know how to draw the spine, rib cage and the pelvis it is easier to start the gesture drawings with those main features and work from there. We were assigned the leg muscles to be due this week so we also had a short lesson on the curves of the legs while drawing them. The legs have a ton of different curves, kind of like a zig zag. It was fun to add another part of the body this week and start to understand the bones and muscles and different angles of the legs. Here are some drawings that I did in class, a one hour drawing and two quick gesture drawings. With the one hour drawing, I fist had issues with the whole gravity part that was taking effect to her body, but once the center line was drawn and the core was finished it was easier to add the legs and arms. I'm glad we had so much time for this drawing, a lot of times I had to go back and erase and re-draw areas once I understood them.




No comments:

Post a Comment