Monday, October 12, 2009

Rib Cage & Abs

This week in Life Drawing 1 we took notes on the rib cage and the abdomen muscles. We learned about the Lateral, Anterior and Posterior views of the rib cage. It helped a lot to learn about the angle of the rib cage and the different landmarks of the rib cage. I liked that we got to do some gesture drawings at the beginning of Thursdays class. That helped me a lot in figuring out how the rib cage should look from different angles. It also has helped me to proportion the body right. At the beginning though it was a little rough, it had been a long time since we had done any gesture drawings so I struggled at first but after the first few poses I started to warm up again. It took me a while to get the rib cage to look right, and to get it to start and end in the right place but I think I improved over the class time. Here are some of my gesture drawings, some 30 seconds, some 30 minutes.

















No comments:

Post a Comment