Sunday, September 20, 2009

First Week of Life Drawing

This first week of Life Drawing 1 I think went really well. I was a little rusty this week though, I have not done any drawing since freshman year in Drawing 2. I like that we do gesture drawings for the first half hour. It really warms me up and helps me to understand the different angles of the body and poses. I have included a few of my 30 second and 1 minute gesture drawings. On Tuesday the model had really good poses, she changed it up a lot and gave us all very different angles to work with. With the contour drawings on thursday I struggled a bit. It has been so long since I have done one of those that it took me a while to figure out which way the lines were supposed to go. I learned a lot on thursday though, a lot of students had some really good contour drawing examples. Seeing the other students drawings and discussing a the end of class what a contour drawing was helped me understand how I was supposed to attempt the homework.









1 comment:

  1. Emily,
    I used your photo on the LD I blog--don't feel bad; it is an issue almost everyone deals with and just like the cross contour drawings, it is easier to learn this simply by doing and then seeing how you can do it better.

    I cropped it and lightened the exposure and raised the contrast a bit, and "dodged" some of the darker corner areas.

    1) Check out one of the cameras as I mention in the LD I post.
    2) If you need help on how to edit photos, let me know and I can walk you through some of the processes. This may be something I need to do in class for everyone, anyway.

    Thanks for your post. It is helpful to know that seeing the other students' drawings helped you see what you could do differently.

    Keep up the hard work.

    ReplyDelete